The time has come for me to take action and organize my girls' play room. Every time I step into that room, I'm so subconsciously overwhelmed by it's frenzied appearance that I usually have to step away and close the door in denial. Ms. Bean goes back to school in 2 weeks which will allow me a little extra time to take on a project. Their play room is what we call the "sun room" because it sits off Ms. Bean's bedroom and it's the sunniest, and warmest, room in the house. It's a long & narrow room, so a tricky space to design; however, not impossible.
Here are my goals:
1. Get rid of the clutter! Less is more!
2. More utilitarian cubbies to organize books, baskets with art supplies, etc.
3. Make the current reading area more useful and inviting
4. Creative way to display the girls' artwork
5. Keep costs to a minimum
6. Paint the room (it's the same, boring beige color from when we purchased the house)
So, with these goals in mind, it's time for me to begin my mission in organizing this space to maximize it's potential. I will continue to keep a journal of my process...wish me luck!